Office of Grant Services
The Office of Grants Services provides assistance to faculty and staff in the submission of all sponsored grant applications and proposals, including the administration of multiple investigator research awards. The office is charged with the timely and effective review, approval and delivery of all proposals. With this charge, the Office of Grants Services is responsible for the following:
- Assist faculty and staff with identifying funding sources, including publishing sources of cancer research funding on the Lombardi web site.
- Review all RFA's, PA's, RFP's, and other solicitation mechanisms to ensure that applications fully respond to the request.
- Work with Principal Investigator's on all sponsored grant applications and proposals for timely and effective submissions, including competing and non-competing applications:
- Budget development and justification, including but not limited to confirmation of accurate fringe and indirect rates, personnel salaries, budget calculations to the period of performance, obtaining vendor quotes.
- Review of abstract, specific aims and other information to ensure full and accurate cost proposals.
- Completion of all funding agency, University and Lombardi forms.
- Coordinate other technical aspects for the application as needed, such as biographical sketches for Principal Investigator and other key personnel, key personnel page, facilities and resources, other support, etc.
- Assist other agencies/institutions with subcontract documents (scope of work, budget, justification, biographical sketches and letter of intent).
- Set up sub-awards/subcontracts for consortium agreements, including consulting agreements.
- Assure that all applications comply with University, Lombardi policies and sponsoring institution.
- Establish "at-risk" accounts when award is known but not yet received.
- Maintain a shared directory of files included in standard text, application forms and agency guidelines.
- Track submitted/pending applications and awards for all Lombardi faculty and researchers.
- Collaborate with other University and Medical School administrative offices to support the submission of applications and management of sponsored awards.
- Provide administrative support to the Lombardi programs in support of the institution NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center Support Grant, as well as other multi-investigator awards as needed.